Sunday, March 25, 2007

Tagged!

I was tagged by Joee, to list 6 weird things about myself, so here it goes... =)

Here are the rules:
People who get tagged need to write a blog entry of their own 6 weird things as well as stating this rule clearly! Three people need to be tagged and their names listed. Finally a comment needs to be left on each tagged person's blog...
1) I ride a motorcycle to the office everyday, about 20KM away. Come rain or shine, and it does get very rainy sometimes, I still do it, even though I do have a car. It's been almost four years since I started doing this and my colleagues and friends think I'm nuts for risking my life in this manner. [You need to actually drive in Penang to understand this. It's mad!]

2) Besides the Catholic stuff like hagiography, theology, scripture and apologetics, I really like reading books from the fantasy genre. My current read and favourite is George RR Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire. I read lots of classics too, mainly because as a poor student, they were cheap and long, like Tolstoy's War and Peace.

2) I have lots of prayer places and home altars. I also collect large crucifixes, neck crosses and rosaries. I also collect Bibles and these are among my collection:

Catholic Versions
Confraternity of Christian Doctrine/Douay-Rheims Version
The Douay-Rheims Challoner Revision with the Haydock Commentaries
Today's English Version (TEV) also known as the Good News Bible (GNB), Catholic Edition
New American Bible (NAB) ?*
New Revised Standard Version (NRSV) - Catholic Edition
Revised Standard Version (RSV) - Catholic Edition
Jerusalem Bible (JB)
New Jerusalem Bible (NJB)
New Oxford Annotated Bible (NRSV) – Catholic Edition
Christian Community Bible
Biblia Sacra Vulgata (The Latin Vulgate) – The official and normative version of the Sacred Scriptures for the Roman Rite of the Catholic Church
The Greek Septuagint (OT)
Hebrew/Greek-English Interlinear Version (OT and NT)

Protestant Versions
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
New International Version (NIV)
King James Version (AV) also known as the Authorized Version (AV)
New King James Version (NKJV)
Amplified Bible
Today's English Version (TEV) also known as the Good News Bible (GNB)

Jehovah's Witnesses Mistranslation
The New World 'Translation' [I use it when talking to the JW's]

That should be weird enough.

3) I named my Golden Retriever Summer, after a direwolf from A Song of Ice and Fire. But now, I just call him Furry, cos he is =)

4) In college, I led the mainly (aside from me and a friend who later became President) Protestant Christian Fellowship.

5) I think I have a vocation to the priesthood, but not yet. Most of my heroes, like St. Edmund Campion, St. Thomas More, Ignatius Cardinal Kung (the Pius XII appointed Bishop of Shanghai who went to prison for 3 decades) underwent martyrdom so I think I have a death wish.

6) My favourite ice-cream is rum and raisin. MMmmm... I can just taste it now. But it's too indulgent and too expensive. I used to enjoy the cheap McDonald's Butter Pecan flavoured ice-cream but it has since been discontinued. So sad...

I tag Mark from Ireland, Shellie from Profound Gratitude and Mr. Smith.
Good luck! Weirdos ... =)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww furry the dog!

Rum n raison?! Gross! Double Triple chocolate is the best!!! :D

Anonymous said...

Ack! No one will ever come visit me again... payback. Watch for it. :)

Anonymous said...

Two things: I love Butter Pecan and motorcycles too and I will be praying for your discernment on your vocation.

Anonymous said...

#5 is very Augustinian of you. :)

Andrew said...

Rum and Raisin rules dude!!
I'll need to post a pic of Furry soon...haha

Thanks, Shellie. I'll be praying for your reception this Easter too. Us weirdos must stick together, no?

Anonymous, I just hope I have the same Augustinian end...ie Saint and Doctor of the Church? ...hehe =)

Anonymous said...

Haha, nice, I love it when the sillier side of blogging turns up every now and again. Thanks for the tag, Andrew.

Anonymous said...

Furry! coolio's!!!

The Crescat said...

this has nothing to do with the book meme, but I did want you to see this... since it was inspired by your home altar posts.

http://thecrescat.blogspot.com/2007/03/home-altar-tour.html

see what I can accomplish when I get off my lump. ;-P

Andrew said...

Carolina, wonderful icons! I looourvee icons. Thanks.