Thursday, July 03, 2008

A Happy Coincidence?

2 days ago, at about 10PM, I was in my room when I suddenly felt a strong urge to pray and to burn some incense. Strange. But I followed my impulse and obediently went and lit the coals and burned the 'good' Jerusalem incense.

I censed the main altar and all the little altars and all of the icons and crucifixes in the house. And trust me when I say that there are a lot of them. My grandmother was wondering what got in to me, censing the altars at night. Honestly, I was wondering too. =)

The next morning, I went online and discovered the good news that the Transalpine Redemptorists were reconciled to the Pope and the Catholic Church. Perhaps the urge to pray and to offer incense was in response to the posting of this, although as yet unbeknownst to me, great news?

I know that the next time I feel that the 'hour of incense' has come and I feel the sudden urge to pray, I'll follow it. We may never know what other good news may be in store (FSSPX? *wink *wink) =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have personally attended many SSPX masses in Singapore and Malaysia and I say they kept the faith well...

No funny talk, no happy burthday wishes during Holy Mass, indecent dressing, more rosaries and reverence and many others ....

I pray that their inperfect communion may one day be perfect ...

Gloria in Excelsis Deo