Monday, April 09, 2007

Paschal Triduum 07

Happy Easter folks! I hope you've had a prayerful Holy Week.

And to those newly incorporated into the Catholic Church, like Shellie, welcome home!

Since the photo posts of Palm Sunday and the Paschal Triduum Celebrations in my parish are taking up a lot of bandwidth and slowing the page down, I've reposted them elsewhere and linked them to this post.

The Paschal Triduum and indeed, the entire Holy Week has been a time of great blessing for me and I want to share the joyous celebrations here with you.

Please click on the links to see each individual post. A new window will pop up. And do drop me a comment to let me know what you think. Christos anesti! Alithos anesti!

Palm Sunday. The Triumphant Entry into Jerusalem.

3 Masses were celebrated in my parish. Check it out.

Saturday evening.

DSC04977

Reading of the Gospel and Blessing of the Palms.

DSC04980

Sunday Morning


DSC05016

DSC05019

Reading of the Gospel and Blessing of the Palms.

DSC05022

DSC05023

The Procession.

DSC05030

Sunday Evening.

DSC05064

DSC05065

DSC05066


Maundy Thursday. The Mass of the Lord's Supper.

The washing of the feet.

DSC05108

Procession to the Altar of Repose.

DSC05119

The Vigil.

DSC05125

DSC05127

DSC05188

DSC05132

Good Friday. The Celebration of the Passion and Death of the Lord.

The prostration.

DSC05212

The reading of the Passion.

DSC05217

The Veneration of the Holy Cross.

DSC05233

DSC05239

DSC05245

DSC05265

DSC05264

DSC05277


The Easter Vigil.

The Service of Light.

DSC05325

DSC05328

DSC05334

DSC05347

The Exultet

DSC05344

DSC05345

Blessing of the Water

DSC05357

Baptism

DSC05368

Renewal of Baptismal Promises

DSC05425

Blessing with Holy Water

DSC05428

Hoc est enim Corpus Meum.

DSC05437

Christos anesti! Christ is Risen!
Alithos anesti! He is truly Risen!

6 comments:

John said...

Happy Easter Andrew.

Surrexit Dominus vere, alleluia!

Andrew said...

Thanks, John.

A Happy Easter to you too!

DrMatthewDoyle said...

That all looked wonderful!

Andrew said...

Thanks, Matt. Happy Easter to you.

Glad to have you back.

Anonymous said...

Andrew, thank you for the pictures and for your thoughtful blog. I have just begun to explore blogs and am not too good at keeping track of where I've been. I wanted to show my son the pictures of the garden altar of repose but couldn't find where I had seen them. Now I have them again. We both loved the Phillipine altar picture and he copied it for his desk top. Is that legal? It's sad when a son has parents with no clue about the morality of act. His belief is that the web is public unless specified but I would chose to err on the side of caution and just come and look at it now and then. So you see you have met a seriously old, but still growing, Catholic lady.
Happy Easter!
nan in Michigan

Andrew said...

LOL! Thank you, Nan, for your comments. I'm glad you found it. If you click on the Holy Thursday title header, you'll find the full post and all the photos. I moved it because it was slowing the page down.

As for the copyright, don't worry about it. I think Arch, who took the Philippine photo would not mind at all.

In fact, most of the things on the web come under a creative commons license whereby the content can be freely downloaded for personal non-commercial use. By all means, should you find any photo that you like on this humble blog, do feel free to use it as you see fit.

Thank again, Nan, for dropping by and commenting. Me own Nan just celebrated her 81st birthday recently. I'm now reminded to post the photos.

I'm going to highlight some of the most stunning photos I've ever seen, from Spain, soon. Do look out for it.

PS
A good way to keep track of blogs is to bookmark them or add them as favourites. That way, they are listed in your browser.

Happy Easter!