Sunday, February 04, 2007

A Prayer Request

Today, after the evening Mass, I visited Ian in the hospital. He's only 14, and has a tumour in his brain. The prognosis is not good. My heart bled when I saw how frail he was, with all those tubes sticking out of him. I was told that he had a tube from his brain as well, to drain the fluid that was accumulating. He was very weak and fell asleep when we were praying for him. It was very distressing.

I'm sure that God has a reason for everything and my incomprehension does not make this event any less meaningful in the cosmic plan. But I would like to ask all of you dear readers, to please pray for Ian, that the Lord will be close to him in his suffering and comfort him with His presence.

I would also like you to lift up Ian's family, especially his mother, in prayer, that through this difficult moment, they might draw closer to God and be comforted.

Mary our Mother understands the pain his mother is feeling and through her intercession I asked for comfort for Ian and his family.


Remember, Most gracious Virgin Mary,
That never was it known,
That anyone who fled to thy protection,
Implored thy help,
Or sought thy intercession,
Was left unaided.

Inspired with this confidence,
I fly to thee O Virgin of Virgins, my Mother.

To thee I come,
Before thee I stand,
Sinful and sorrowful.

O Mother of the Word Incarnate,
Despise not my petitions,
But in thy mercy,
Hear and answer me.

Amen.

Do pray for Ian and his family, please.

2 comments:

Ttony said...

Prayer prayed for Ian, his family, and for his friends.

Anonymous said...

Praying.