Monday, December 18, 2006

A series of unfortunate events

Sorry for the dearth of posts lately. I had an extremely busy weekend. Had some mechanical trouble on Friday night that resulted in me being stranded in the company car park. Luckily, my friend was still around and we scoured the area, in a massive traffic jam (since it was Friday) looking for a mechanic. The first Joe couldn’t do it until the next morning as he did not have the spare parts. I did not want to wait so we looked for another mechanic. Finally found one, but he was closing his shop. So we waited and he finally followed us to the company but the gate to the Free Trade Zone was already closed, so we had to make a huge detour. When he took a look at it, he discovered that the spare part he brought along was the wrong one, so it could only be done the next day. Crap.

Finally made it home at 11. But I had to make another trip to the factory on Sat morning to retrieve my vehicle. Now, there was a slight problem. I have both a bike and car license. But my friend does not; he only has a car’s driving license. So, I drove down with him and he’s supposed to drive my car back and I’ll take the bike. But I drive a manual stick shift and he’s only used to driving automatic cars. So we were in the car park, on a Sat having an impromptu driving lesson. I wonder what the security guards must have thought.

Anyway, I attended a children’s choir, had a parish Christmas party and a Penang State level Christmas party during the weekend. So look for the posts here soon.

No comments: